Finding how to worship everywhere and every way

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

It's Raining (Right Now)

After completing my grueling 2-class first day of college, I'm taking advantage of the fact that I'm stranded in the Student Union by tons of rain to blog a bit.

Welcome Weekend here finally ended with classes beginning last night. I'm sure all of my fellow freshmen also enjoyed the seminars, schedules, and sweat. (I've sweated a LOT these past few days. It's been hot. Hopefully this rain will be cooling us all down.)

In between fun with O Groups and various other officially scheduled Welcome events, I've been spending a lot of time having fun with my floor, 2nd Berg (aka "Sigma Beta"). We've chilled in the DC, played large amounts of games, gone out for Thai, and generally enjoyed each other's company quite a bit. This is a pretty great floor to live on.

In between fun with O Groups and various other schedule Welcome events, and in between spending a lot of time having fun with my floor, I have already been able to get quite a few jam sessions in (as of now... 4). A student body including a lot of musicians who were as big a fan of worship music and I am is one of the huge benefits of going to Taylor. I've made fast friends with many, and there are still plenty of guys and gals I have yet to jam with.

Over the past few weeks/months, I hope to continue having as many jam sessions as possible and hopefully get one or two band lineups actually solidified to start actually practicing and performing music. We'll see how the plan goes, for now it's going great.

If you're at Taylor and you want to jam- make sure you let me know. I believe my e-mail is somewhere on this blog, but it's probably best to find me with a FB message. See you soon!

Peace.


Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a LOUD noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.

Psalm 98:4 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment