Finding how to worship everywhere and every way

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Orientation

Catching a few minutes to blog while I am hindered from leaving my house by a large tree recently felled across my driveway. Speaking of tree felling, let's talk about Summer Orientation!

So I left with my buddy Brad Ryer the transfer student after church last Sunday for a relatively uneventful 4-hour car ride to a hotel in beautiful Gas City, Indiana, very near to the equally beautiful Upland, Indiana. Now when I say "relatively uneventful," I don't mean it wasn't fun. There was plenty of radio scanning and spontaneous singing and dancing from the passenger seat (that's me). Actually there were two events: once we took a wrong turn (fixed it right quick!), and once we got McDonald's.

Taylor Orientation was an all-day Monday deal, so you may wonder, "why did you leave Sunday afternoon, Roscoe? So early?" You are right to wonder such things. You see, buddy Brad Ryer the transfer student had placement tests to take Sunday night, so I was left to hang out in the beautiful Gas City's beautiful hotel room by myself all evening. So, naturally, I jammed. A never-failing technique to entertain or otherwise occupy myself.

Anyway, after a night's sleep Brad and I found ourselves at our future home, Taylor University, and proceeded to take Orientation by storm. I had a great time, getting to see my ridiculously large and well-situated dorm room (git jealous!), get my course schedule for first semester all set up, and (my favorite) meeting a whole bunch of my future classmates. I love the people that attend Taylor and the environment they create. I am beyond excited to live there!

Besides it being an awesome time, I don't know if I have any particularly amusing stories to tell. Brad repeatedly failed to perform our pre-orchestrated handshake in public. I met quite a few people who will surely participate in jam sessions. I got out of Medical Anthropology!

Great time, great place, great people. I had a lot of fun.

And that's what I did this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment